Oral Cancer Screening
Monitor and Reduce Your Risk for Oral Cancer
Regular oral cancer screenings provide effective monitoring of your mouth cancer risk factors. At Chester Springs Dental in Exton, we use the ViziLite®️ Plus system to identify and mark any abnormalities in your mouth.
The value of advance diagnosis
Early detection significantly improves your treatment success. We provide a visual examination during your annual dental examination and teeth cleanings.
We thoroughly check your mouth, lips, and tongue. The visual screening combined with the ViziLite®️ Plus system allows us to spot any suspicious tissue or pre-cancerous lesions.
- Quick, easy, and time-saving during your scheduled appointment
- Low-impact technology provides a thorough check of your mouth
- Disposable for safety following examination
Know your symptoms
Oral cancer may not be painful initially. Consequently, be aware of any abnormalities in your mouth or related symptoms.
- Lesions or growths on one side of your mouth
- Mouth sores that are slow to heal
- White or red areas in your mouth
- Difficulty swallowing
Contact your Exton dentist with your oral cancer questions or concerns. Schedule an oral cancer screening as part of your next dental examination and teeth cleaning.
Factors that can increase the risk of mouth cancer include:
- Tobacco use of any kind, including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco and snuff, among others
- Heavy alcohol use
- Previous oral cancer diagnosis
- History of significant sun exposure, which increases the risk of lip cancer